How to dress for a sweet sixteen
Do you wonder how to dress for a sweet sixteen party? Good! because if you do, then you're at the right place. Find here the best tips on what to wear to a sweet sixteen. Besides these tips we have also included some incredible examples of sweet sixteen party outfits!
This short red leather one shoulder dress looks stunning on Karlie Kloss and is perfect for a sweet sixteen party! We also loves the shoes!
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Clutch: Christian Dior
- Bracelet: Deodore
- Earrings: Asos
How to dress for a sweet sixteen party
- Sweet sixteen parties are fun and they give you the ability to finally show up in that awesome party dress! A sweet sixteen party is an event where you should dress up for. This means that you shouldn't show up in your average school outfit or jeans, instead go for a festive dress or skirt you can dance in.
- Another thing you should keep in mind is: Don't overdo it. You're not supposed to over shine your friend who celebrates his or her birthday. At this day he or she should be at the center of attention.
- Combine your outfit with amazing matching pumps or high sandals. They will give you that extra flair and can make your dress look even better than it already is!
- If you want to bring a bag, make sure that you go for a small clutch instead of a large bag. A large bag will look too casual and clutches are easier to dance with.
- Also you can wear some makeup for extra glamour. When you're young you don't need a lot of makeup. Often you will look more fresh when you keep it modest. Go for some mascara, blusher lip-gloss and possibly some eyeliner.
- Wear your best accessories! Often it becomes too much if you combine a big necklace with large earrings. Go for a big necklace only if this doesn't compete with the neckline of your dress and wear this with small or no earrings and possibly a bracelet, or go for larger earrings without a necklace.
- Wear some perfume (never a lot but enough for a subtle scent!) and don't forget some deodorant since you will dance!
- Put up your smile as your best accessory and you're good to go!
Gorgeous sweet sixteen party outfits
At the moment fringe=fashion! So make sure that you fix a fringe dress for your upcoming sweet sixteen party, like this amazing black Herve Leger dress that Sara Corbonero is wearing!
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Bag: Sara
- Accessories: Michael Kors
Jennifer Lopez looks beautiful in this silver glitter skirt with beige blouse. A festive choice for a sweet sixteen party!
- Shoes: Bennett Harper
- Clutch: Marc By Marc Jacobs
- Earrings: Kate Spade
- Necklace: Molly Brown London
- Bracelet: Zimaya
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress for a sweet sixteen
- Check out the parties in the navigation bar for more specific parties.
- Wonder what to wear to a party? Just return to howtodressforaparty.com and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next party look!