How to dress for a tea party
Here you will find the best tips on how to dress for a tea party! If you wonder what to wear to a tea party then check out these pictures of tea party attire!
We love this floral strapless cocktail dress that Jessica Lowndes is wearing! Beautiful and perfect for a tea party! This dressy fabric makes this dress great for a daytime as well as an evening event.
- Shoes: Sergio Rossi
- Earrings: Olivier Laudrus
- Bracelet: Corrine Smith
- Clutch: Vivid Handbags
What to wear to a tea party
- Tea parties remind me of Lewis Carroll's book "Alice adventures in wonderland"! They are very traditional events that come in different settings. They can be formal of informal but they are always fun and a reason to dress up for! Check out the invitation for clues about the formality of the event. Sometimes a dress code is given. Click here for more information on how to dress for a tea party with a dress code.
- If there is no dress code give then take a closer look at the time and place of the party. Evening events are often more formal than events during the day, while a tea party in a someones garden is of course less fornal than a tea party in a chic hotel. Look at the fabric of your dress when dressing for the tea party. For more formal evening events invest in dressier fabrics like silk or satin.
- Wear an beautiful cocktail dress or a pencil skirt with a dressy blouse. You can combine your outfit with a dressy blouse. For outdoor, daytime spring and summer weddings go for lighter colors and light and flowy fabrics. For tea parties that take place in the autumn or winter, in the evening and indoors you can wear more darker colors and warmer, heavier fabrics.
- If you want to look at your best than always wear an outfit that is flattering for your body shape! Click here for more information in how to dress for your body shape.
- Wear some beautiful looking accessories. Since tea parties are very traditional events, vintage looking accessories are a very nice option. Look for bracelets, necklaces, broches or a beautiful scarf. A hat is also a commonly worn accessory at a tea party so, if you like them, check out if you can find a beautiful hat that suits your face shape. Don't overdo your accessories for an elegant look. Choose for example one centerpiece while you keep the rest simple.
- Large bags will always look casual, we believe that a smaller and refined handbag or clutch will be a perfect option for a tea party.
- Go for some elegant heeled pumps for under your skirt and make sure that the color matches with your attire. If the tea party takes place outdoor in the summer then go for open pumps with a peep toe or heeled sandals, if you know that you will be walking on grass than wedges are a better and very cute option.
- A more natural makeup look is perfect for a tea party, go for pink and peachy colors for a young and fresh look. For a more formal event that takes place in the evening your makeup can be somewhat more dramatic. Wear your hair in a pretty hairdo like a bun, a pretty ponytail or half up half down.
- If you still have doubts about what to wear, don't feel embarassed to call the host or hostess of the event, he or she will be more than glad to help you out!
Lovely examples of tea party outfits
Maria Menounos looks great in this coral red cocktail dress with a hat that looks amazing on her. An outfit like this is a great option for an outdoor tea party during summer!
- Earrings: Beaverbrooks
- Bracelet: John Lewis
- Sandals: Ebay
- Hat: Chupie and Jsmama
- Clutch Aristocracie
This white blouse with blush shirt and pumps look lovely on Rosie Huntington Whiteley! She looks simple yet feminine and sophisticated.
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Clutch: Prada
- Bracelet: Jewelry Zen
- Earrings: Christolm Hunter
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress for a tea party
- Check out the parties in the navigation bar for more specific parties.
- Wonder what to wear to a party? Just return to howtodressforaparty.com and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next party look!