How to dress for an office party
For information on how to dress for an office party you're at the right place! Click for tips on what to wear to an office party, including examples of office party attire!
What to wear to an office party
Office parties come in different settings for different occasions. Some occasions require more formal attire while others are more casual. We will show you that choosing your outfit for an office party is actually really easy!
- There are two rules you should keep in mind when dressing for an office party, the number one rule is: never wear something too revealing! This means, no deep cleavages, sheer blouses and dresses and skirts that are too short and too tight. The second rule is: even if the party is casual, do not wear attire that is too casual. Don't wear sneakers, animal prints and even if you wear jeans wear dark jeans in a classy model. Keep your overall outfit classy and sophisticated.
- Adapt your outfit to the formality of the event. For more casual events you can wear pants, skirts, dressy blouses, blazers and not too formal dresses. If the event is more formal, like an holiday office party, then go for a beautiful cocktail dress.
- One of the most important things you should keep in mind when you're choosing your outfit for an office party is to wear something that is flattering for your body shape. Click here if you want more information on how to dress for an office party for your body shape!
- Combine your outfit with elegant pumps or boots. The most classic pumps have higher heels with a low sole.
- Your bag is a fashion item that can really make or break you overall look so go for a refined and expensive looking leather bag. Make sure that your bag and shoes are in colors that match with the colors of your outfit.
- Wear pretty accessories but don't overdo it, especially around the face. Larger earrings combined with a necklace is often too much. Also don't go for too fake and cheap looking accessories, choose something with a more delicate feel to it.
- Go for a pretty but more natural makeup look and put some effort in your hair and you're good to go!
Lovely examples of office party attire
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress for an office party
- Check out the parties in the navigation bar for more specific parties.
- Wonder what to wear to a party? Just return to howtodressforaparty.com and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next party look!