What is evening attire for men
Find here all information on what is evening attire for men. If you're
invitation says that an evening dress code is required don't get
confused, dressing in evening attire is really easy. Just apply our
following tips on what to wear to a party and you will look great! We
will also show examples of people in evening attire to let you get
what is evening attire?
attire is a dress code that’s suitable for formal events like weddings, formal
garden parties, dinners or debutante cotillions.
What to wear to a party with evening attire
Dress codes that are seen as appropriate for the evening are black tie and white tie. White tie is a dress code that is only worn to ultra formal events or when it is indicated in the invitation. For most evening events black tie is the required attire.
Click here if you need more information on what is evening attire for men when the required dress code is white tie.
Evening dress code: Black tie
- Wear a black suit or tuxedo, officially these suits are made of wool. The tuxedo should be a two piece black suit. Sometimes midnight blue is also worn. The suit should have a one button placket and the front and back are supposed to be at the same length with silk or satin lapels.
- As the name indicates: wear a matching black tie.
- Optional you can wear a tuxedo vest or cumberbund. The tuxedo vest is currently the most worn but for very formal black tie events a cumberbund might be a better option.
- Wear a white ‘tuxedo’ shirt with a regular collar. A double cuff / manchet and a blind plug is required. The front of the shirt is officially pleated and the collar should be a foldover or winged standing.
- For a black tie tuxedo the trousers should have satin pipings (gallons) with seams on both sides of the trousers.
- Combine your suit with black leather court shoes (pumps). Wear your shoes with long black socks made of silk or fine wool.
- Wearing a watch is seen as inappropriate for a black or white tie dress code.
- Also leave all other accessories at home (except for your wedding ring off course).
Examples of evening attire for men
Relevant tips and ideas on evening attire for men
- Check out the parties in the navigation bar for more specific parties.
- Wonder what to wear to a party? Just return to howtodressforaparty.com and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next party look!