What is morning dress(or jacquet)
Do you wonder what is morning dress? Here we'll explain you all the inns en outs of the morning dress dress code for women! Including beautiful pictures of party attire!
We love thus blush dress with
hat that Kate Middleton is wearing! This is a perfect example of a morning
- Shoes: Rupert Sanderson
- Clutch: Polyvore
- Hat: Jane Taylor
- Earrings: Talulla Tu
Morning dress dress code
Morning dress (also known as jacquet) is one of the most formal dress codes there is and it is worn during daytime events. One example where this dress code is worn is at royal weddings, which gives an indication of the formality of this dress code. Here we help you out with dressing for this dress code. Just follow the following tips and you will look lovely on your upcoming event:
- Wear a fancy over the knee or tea length dress or skirt with or without a jacket. Make sure that your outfit is more modest and doesn't show too much cleavage. You can wear your dress with or without a jacket.
- Invest in more fancy fabrics. Go for lighter fabrics like silk or chiffon in the spring or summer and go for heavier fabrics like wool or satin during autumn and winter.
- Make sure that you always wear attire that is flattering on your body shape. This will help you with looking extra stunning. Click here for more tips on how to dress for your body shape.
- Combine your outfit with some classic pumps or pretty open sandals with heels.
- Do not wear a larger bag because this will be too casual. Instead go for a more formal look with a simple and elegant small bag like a clutch.
- Formally this dress code is combined with a hat. Wearing a hat is nowadays not required but we do recommend to wear it at more formal locations and weddings. Also wear some refined and real looking accessories like diamonds, pearls gold or silver without overdoing it. Keep everything simple and sophisticated to make sure that your accessories are in balance with your outfit.
- Since the event you're attending takes place during daytime we recommend to keep your makeup more subtle and natural. Also wear your hair in a beautiful and festive hairdo.
Stunning examples of party attire
Nikky Taylor is looking very chic in this white dress with beige blazer and hat. A great outfit for an event with a morning dress dress code.
- Earrings: Tacori
- Shoes: Charles David
- Lipstick: L'Oréal, color riche, nude
- Hat: Liquiwork
Rebecca Maddern looks amazing, wearing a classic combination of black and white.
- Shoes: Carlton London
- Clutch: Nanette Lepore
- Bracelet: Technibond
- Earrings: Asos
- Hair accessory: NY Fashion Hats
Relevant tips and ideas on what is morning dress
- Check out the parties in the navigation bar for more specific parties.
- Wonder what to wear to a party? Just return to howtodressforaparty.com and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next party look!