What to wear to a beach wedding
Read here all information on what to wear to a beach wedding. Beach weddings can come in different settings. It can be during daytime or in the night. It can be formal and less formal. But don't worry. We will show you how to dress for a beach wedding for men. With our tips and pictures of wedding outfits you will have no trouble with looking good on your upcoming wedding party!
How to dress for a beach wedding
Most beach weddings are less formal then other weddings. This means that there are often no strict rules according to the required beach wedding outfits. This might seem confusing, just remember that it's still important to appear in appropriate beach wedding attire.
Many different outfits can be worn to a beach wedding. The first thing to do for more information on what to wear to a beach wedding is checking the invitation. In most cases invitations provide very helpful information according to the required attire, like the possible dress code or formality, the location of the wedding and the day-part in which the wedding is held.
If the beach wedding you're attending requires a specific dress code, click here and find the best information and examples on what to wear to a beach wedding with a dress code.
If there is no specific dress code given, keep in mind that evening weddings are usually more formal then afternoon weddings. If the beach wedding is formal, black tie attire or cocktail attire are the most worn. If the beach wedding is semi formal or casual, check the tips below.
Semi formal or Casual Beach Wedding
- We recommend you to wear a suit or suit pants with a nice plain shirt. If you choose to wear a suit, you can always take off your jacket at the wedding for a less formal look. Mid grey or blue are the most appropriate colors for an beach wedding held in the evening. At a beach wedding during the day, lighter colors like light grey, cream or khaki can also be worn.
- Wearing a sport coat instead of a suit is also acceptable if you're sure that the wedding is casual. You're expected to put some effort in your outfit even when this is a casual wedding. Combine your sport coat with suit pants or khaki's. Don't go for jeans.
- During the evening you should wear a shirt. During daytime you can choose to wear a shirt or a plain white polo. Go for a light colored shirt. Make sure that the color of the shirt is in balance with your outfit. White shirts are always a good choice. We recommend not to wear a t-shirt.
- Beach weddings are normally held in the summer in hot weather conditions. Check the predicted weather conditions for the day of the wedding, so you can take this into account. For example, if the predicted weather conditions are hot, you can go for a thinner type of fabric of your attire like lightweight tropical wools, linen blended with cotton or silk-linen blend.
- At a beach wedding you usually don't wear a tie, unless you're sure that this is required. If you're having doubts, you can bring a tie with you to the wedding and choose there whether to wear your tie or not.
- As footwear choose leather dress shoes or suede shoes during the evening. During the afternoon we recommend suede shoes. Flip-flops can only be worn at a casual beach wedding during the afternoon. Do know that flip-flops do give your outfit a more casual look. Don't wear sneakers.
- Wearing socks is optional during the day (unless you wear-flip flops off course). During the evening we recommend to wear long socks made of silk or wool. Choose a color that is in balance with the rest of your attire. Don't wear thick sport socks.
- Beach weddings are not the events to show all your accessories and bling. Keep it simple with one or two pieces like a watch and a pocket square. The color of the pocket square have to be in balance with your suit.
Examples of wedding outfits for men
Relevant tips and ideas on what to wear to a beach wedding for men
- Check out the parties in the navigation bar for more specific parties.
- Wonder what to wear to a party? Just return to howtodressforaparty.com and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next party look!